Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top Ten Book Covers

Top Ten Book Covers

A random selection of ten book covers that delighted me,
covers that only hinted at the wonderfulness inside.



The Arrival by Shaun Tan

Jumanji

Blackout

Window

Martin's Big Words

An Egg is Quiet

People by Peter Spier
Little Red Riding Hood by Trina Schart Hyman

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More
The Napping House


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

15 comments:

  1. My daughter likes the monkeys on the Jumanji cover, I love the one for Blackout, and we both love Window! Nice choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of The Napping House. It was one of favorites when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many beautiful covers that I could probably do this meme every Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I especially love the one for The Arrival, and the last one in blue. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous covers. My favorite from your list is I Ain't Gonna Paint No More. And I can't believe how timely it is to see that Martin Luthur book as my son is doing a book report on him, and I was trying to find a biography that's also a children's books. Just put in my request at the library - so thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful covers! I can't believe I forgot to include Chris Van Allsburg on my list...his covers defined my childhood! Anyway, great list and thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful covers! I just love Jumanji, Little Red Riding Hood and People. :) Wow, I imagine Spier might have had some inspiration from Where's Waldo? Thanks for sharing such awesome covers, Deb!

    ~DJL
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those covers are stunning and I imagine that they really attract a child's eye.

    I especially love the covers of The Arrival and People.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jumanji is so cute, I want a pet monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Jumanji The Arrival covers. And yes, I could probably do this meme every Tuesday also. It was hard to stop at ten.

    Thanks for visiting my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many covers that I really enjoy! Great choices! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an enchanting selection of covers. So vibrant and colorful. Though I think my favorite is The Arrival. I tend to like the sepia-tone and the image is quite intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you did kid's books this week. The Jumanji cover brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Jumanji cover. And I'm Not Gonna Paint No More is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.