Tuesday, February 12, 2013

♥♥♥Love Stories I Love♥♥♥



I hate predictable writing. I cringe at sappy stories. I loathe ooey-gooey books.

Unless said writing is a romance.

So be prepared for some predictable writing on my list of favorite love stories. Be ready for some sappy romances. Get set for some ooey-gooey tales. And forgive me for my reading sins. We all have our flaws.

Here goes:

You probably have The Fault in Our Stars and Sloppy Firsts and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and Anna and the French Kiss on your list, too. So I'm not bothering to put these on mine. You already know how wonderful they are. In a Teen Love sort of way.

One for the Money will never be anybody's literature, but you've got to love a story where our main character is in love with two amazingly gorgeous fellows. You know all about this one, so I'm not listing it either.

Should I even both putting Bridget Jones's Diary down? No, I don't think so. Everybody has read this one and, even if you haven't, you've seen the movie.

Okay, enough of what's not on my list. Here are a few that might be a little off your radar:

♥♥♥The Monk Downstairs♥♥♥


♥♥♥Stargirl♥♥♥


♥♥♥Eleanor and Abel♥♥♥



♥♥♥The Gold Bug Variations♥♥♥


♥♥♥Major Pettigrew's Last Stand♥♥♥


♥♥♥Possession♥♥♥


♥♥♥A Kiss for Little Bear♥♥♥


♥♥♥Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak♥♥♥


♥♥♥The Lover's Dictionary♥♥♥


♥♥♥My Mistress's Sparrow is Dead: 
Great Love Stories from Chekhov to Munro♥♥♥


What do you think? Have you, too, loved any of these? Hated any?




18 comments:

  1. When I picked up Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, I had noticed it on some blogs. But if it hadn't been on the bargain table, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

    But I LOVED it! Who knew?

    So...while I haven't read any others on your list, I like the look of several; especially Eleanor & Abel. Going off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna and the French Kiss is on my list too! I almost put the Statistical Probability of Love At First sight, but I already had my top ten! Great list!

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choices for top romances in books, especially in Bridget Jones Diary :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly haven't read any of the books on your list, other than Stargirl a really long time ago... and then I have The Lover's Dictionary, but haven't read it (I do follow him on Twitter, and I love the tweets).

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    Chelsea Maya @ Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
  5. Possession is my favorite book of all time (...well, ties for first with The Count of Monte Cristo).

    I've read Gone With the Wind twice and have seen the movie many times. I definitely think Ashley loves Melanie, and not in a sort of way. He's a weak character, for sure, but that's where is affection lies. I'd love to hear your take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Gone With the Wind. You're not kidding with the no-win relationship thing. And poor Melly is the nicest one and she's the one that gets totally shafted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of the books on your list yet, but some of them are on my wish list!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Monk Downstairs is one of my all-time favorite books. Happy to see it on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got The Lover's Dictionary for Christmas and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the lists - the ones you added and the ones you did not:) i have not read a few of them but have heard enough to know they belong here;

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incidentally, I just finished Anna and the French Kiss and it was swoon worthy. And I'm currently making my way through The Lover's Dictionary and The Statistical Probability. So far, so good for these two. :D

    Yes to Stargirl (and Leo)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you believe that I've never read Bridget Jones's Diary or seen the movie? You're right: Anna and the French Kiss, Stargirl, A Kiss for Little Bear, and The Lover's Dictionary are great reads. Now I want to find a love story to read for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so nice to see Major Pettigrew's Last Stand on a list! Such a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stargirl was one of my favorite romances when I was in middle school! I was always rooting for a book 2.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Kiss for Little Bear. Aw... <3

    I had Lover's Dictionary out from the library and I started reading it, but it just wasn't doing anything for me.

    The Six-word Memoirs looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Kiss for Little Bear. Aw... <3

    I had Lover's Dictionary out from the library and I started reading it, but it just wasn't doing anything for me.

    The Six-word Memoirs looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I usually hate romances but I'll agree with you whole-heartedly about Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. What a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to smile when I saw A Kiss for Little Bear :)
    A LOVEly post, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.