Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy Bookish Moments (So Far)








Finding and Reading ZAMM in Yellowstone Park, 1975
Finding and reading a book that changed my life. Saved my life. 
Someday I'll tell this story.



Reading 100+ Books in One Year
Who knew I could read a hundred books in a year?




I'm a Librarian!
And suddenly I'm living my dream. 


Photo by 12thSonOfLama
Happy Meetups with Readers
Bookcrossed a little, shopped in bookstores.





I'm a Cybils Panelist!
2008. Then 2009. And 2010. And 2011. And 2012. Happy.





Astonishing BookCrossing Release Results!
450 books released in one week
at George R. Brown Convention Hall in Houston.







The Texas Book Festival
Fabulous. Every year.




 Authors, Authors Everywhere!
TLA. IRA. Blue Willow Bookstore. My school. Everywhere.







And, finally, you can't learn everything from a book. Or, as they say in French, Vous ne pouvez pas tout apprendre à partir d'un livre. A bookish-nonbookish moment.




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic list! I didn't realize there was a statue in honor of Make Way for Ducklings. That is one of my childhood favorites and I think it is wonderful that you left a copy of the book there for people to enjoy with their kids.

    I hope you enjoy meeting Ally Carter today. She is an entertaining speaker and nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bookish moments. Thank you for being a librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you was a librarian! I imagine it to be such an enjoyable and fulfilling career.
    And reading 100 books in one year? Wow. I'm thinking my 75 for this year is quite ambitious.

    A lovely list.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list. That picture of you with all those books piled up is fantastic! And I cannot get over how adorable that little library is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. remember thoroughly enjoying & annoying all who would listen, when I read Zen &

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing list! your little library is stunning, too.
    So i'm totally stealing the french phrase, cause it's beautiful!
    New follower :)
    It's great to hear other bookish memories, and get a different perspective!
    -Beth @ YA Vixens

    Vixens Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of bookcrossing but if that means leaving a copy of a book for someone to find, I'm in!
    What a nifty 'random act of kindness'! I also love your French phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goal has been to read 100 books for the past couple of years, but each year I can never seem to do it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post. So joyful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great List! I also love the zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. I read it when I was first diagnosed as bipolar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great List! Love the picture of you with your 100 books!

    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful bookish memories. It makes me want to go out and create some more of my own. I adore the little library, oh, and becoming a librarian sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.