Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Judge-a-Book-by-Its-Cover Covers




Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover.
Here are some I love.



The no-title cover...



And the just-a-title cover...



 
Is it the Very Cool Cover or the Very Cool Title?


The wonderful integration of cover art with title...


Life (and, thus, good stories) are always about walking precariously, I think...


You somehow know this book is going to be very, very helpful...


The wacky Murakami covers can't help but intrigue...




I wanted all three flavors.


Perfect.





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


18 comments:

  1. Great list! Eat Pray Love is a great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close on my list: http://brev.is/Yd15 - it's so simple yet striking.

    Let the Great World Spin is also a lovely cover, though I didn't like the book.

    Stiff is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourites from your list are probably the Eat Pray Love and the Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close covers! These are all very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow interesting list. I love the cover for I Want my Hat Back. It is so simple but it makes me want to draw a hat on its head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks, Deb! I loved I Want My Hat Back and so did my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm that cover looks like Stargirl...but it's the wrong colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the ones you chose, but I'm especially partial to Special Topics in Calamity Physics and Stiff. Awesome books and covers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great picks, love Stiff. What I love about the covers you picked is the more you look, the more you see.

    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stargirl is super sweet, almost made my list. It's so simple and all.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a forehead smack moment now just realizing that Stargirl had no title on the cover. Wow...
    Anything about baking or with food on the cover I instantly like. It does it's job - make me hungry or want to at least sneak a peak inside the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lots of great covers there! I love the I Want My Hat Back and the Murakami covers, something a little bit different always intrigues people!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I love Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close & Stiff! They're really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! I really enjoyed how you put the covers into categories. I think my favourite was the no title cover.
    - Annette

    ReplyDelete
  14. The 'just a title' books are quite pretty too~ They have this certain aura about them, and are quite compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a really cool way to do a top ten list. and I agree with you, you CAN judge a book by its cover. I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for Stargirl! Love the Baking cover. And the I Want My Hat Back cover, is adorable. Thanks for checking out my list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely judge books on their covers and one of my favorite things to do is to look at different covers around the world. Such a nerd, I am!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Elephant Vanishes does look intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.