Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Authors I Really Must Read More Of

Know this about me: I rarely read more than one book from an author. I've only read one John Grisham, one Stephen King, one Nancy Drew...and that was enough.

Yet there are other authors....


Marilynne Robinson
Jane Austen
Charles Dickens
Annie Dillard
Hermann Hesse
Chaim Potok
Jane Gardam
Betsy Byars
David Mitchell
Colum McCann

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

11 comments:

  1. Lots of great authors on your list! I've tried only Dickens & Austen from these, but haven't read all of their books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read more of both of these. It seems sad that I've only read one Dickens and one Austen.

      Delete
  2. I still have yet to read something from David Mitchell (one of his books is on my to-read pile at the moment), but I hope you get to check out more from Jane Austen and Charles Dickens, their books are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell is coming to Houston next Sunday so I hope to read his book before then.

      Delete
  3. I've certainly read all of Austen--no way to read more of those,unfortunately. There is always re-reading, I suppose. Dickens--now that's interesting. I've read a few, but I'm not sure he's one I'd return to . . . I'd watch movies or TV series based on them, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jane Austen and of all those authors would definitely recommend her! I've only read a couple Charles Dickens books, but those were definitely more than enough. Good List!
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.
    Alex @ The Book Banner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermann Hesse is a man that really interests me, too! I read Siddhartha in High School and really enjoyed it, and now I want to read some of his other works, too! Great list! Thanks for stoppin' by! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the only one I've read multiple of is Charles Dickens! I remember reading A Christmas Carol and Great Expectations and...oh! Oliver Twist! Woah, I actually did good with Charles Dickens. The rest of the classics I failed miserably at. >_< Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to read more Hesse as well! I loved Steppenwolf, and I think I've got a used copy of Narziss und Goldmund somewhere...
    Stephen King was almost all I read when I was around 16-18. I love the Dark Tower series!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all things Austen!
    Dickens is good, but (I think) it can be hard to get through his stories. They are worth it, but take some work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great list. I've read all but one of JA- Sense and Sensibility, and I will get to it one day. I really, really want to read some more Dickens, but have this other little reading project to finish first... And I need to read some Betsy Byars.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.