Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Places I've Visited Because of Books



Places I've Visited Because of Books


The search for books has sent me many places.

The Strand in NYC.


Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon.

City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco.


Sandmeyer's in Chicago.


Ocotillo Books and Rocks in West Texas.


Strange Maine in Portland, Maine.


Shakespeare and Company in Paris.


You can find books wherever you go these days.


Even though I don't really have to leave home to find books any more,
I still love visiting all these wonderful bookstores.



What did I forget? Any suggestions for me?


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

16 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting twist on the challenge! I only ever go to my local bookstore or buy books online so for you to have visited so many bookstores all over the world? WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really like your take on this week's TTT! That's so cool that you've visited so many bookstores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm literally drooling at the though of all of these bookstores!!! Powell's is on my list and of course Shakespeare & Company. Love your take on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been to Powell's because I live in Portland! It's the best! I want to go to The Strand and Shakespeare and Co!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO jealous that you've been to Shakespeare and Co. Oh my gosh. I've wanted to visit that bookstore for years. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shakespeare and Co. is just as casual as you might think from the photos you see. Piles of books everywhere. And the occasional person sleeping over.

      Delete
  6. Great twist! Shakespeare and Company in Paris looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Now I need to find a way to visit that lovely English city where all the booksellers live.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful impressions of the different bookstores and you. Amazing !
    Best regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I want to go to all those places too now. BOOOOKS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I walked past Shakespeare and Co on Saturday. Actually I've walked past many times- but can you believe it that I've never made it inside! I must rectify that this visit... And I should go to a French library! I've always meant to do that, but haven't as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking me to the bookstores with you. Vicariously with Debbie is my "usual mode of travel." Rae

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.