Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rereading

Rereading


Fact: Good books hold up to a reread.
Fact: There is not time in this life to read everything.
Fact: Many contemporary reads are overhyped, poorly edited, and disappointing.

Conclusion: I should reread more.

Here are some I loved on first read, but which I've never reread:

The World is Not Enough by Zoe Oldenbourg
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
I, Claudius by Robert Graves
Happenstance by Carol Shields
Magister Ludi by Hermann Hesse
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
The Spectator Bird by Wallace Stegner
A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis
Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner



What did I forget? Any suggestions for me?


Don't forget to throw your name into the hat to win
The giveaway runs through the end of the day on Wednesday, November 4.



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

11 comments:

  1. You know, I haven't read any of these books sadly, although The Secret History is definitely on my TBR pile. I don't even know most of the rest of these, so I'll have to go look them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these books, although I've been curious about a few of them. I've always been interested in The Secret History, and at the same time a bit scared I won't like it, because I love Pamela Dean's Tam Lin and so many people have said that if you liked one you might hate the other. But I definitely should try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Tam Lin. Perhaps I should check it out.

      Delete
  3. Great list. I haven't read any of these, but seeing Sinclair Lewis here reminds me that I need to read more of his works. - Maggie @ macarons & paperbacks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these books, but they sound fantastic! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've read any of these! :(

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish there was time to reread. We need a few more hours in our day!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read I, Claudius for the first time, which is shameful. It's been on my TBR so long!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.