Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Great Picture Book Biographies of Great Women





Have I told you how much I love children's picture book biographies? Well, I do. I love reading picture books about strong, brave people. I especially love reading picture books about strong, brave women. 

Here are some of my favorites:



Wilma Unlimited: How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman


Eleanor, Quiet No More


Gertrude is Gertrude is Gertrude is Gertrude is Gertrude


Mrs. Harkness and the Panda


Miss Lady Bird's Wildflowers: How a First Lady Changed America


Here Come the Girl Scouts: The Amazing All-True Story of Juliette 'Daisy' Gordon Low and Her Great Adventure


Me...Jane


What to Do About Alice? How Alice Roosevelt Broke the Rules, Charmed the World, and Drove Her Father Teddy Crazy


Miss Dorothy and Her Bookmobile


Bon Appetit! The Delicious Life of Julia Child






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

16 comments:

  1. Wow all these books were new to me except for Me...Jane.
    I love the look of the Julia Child one esp :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and original list you have this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your TT lists- so varied, and interesting. The only one I've read is Me... Jane, but naturally I am curious about the Julia Child one I've just never seen it. I'll have to arrange that one day given it's your favourite, and sounds the most interesting to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bever read any of these books but from your list i remember Madeline!
    MY TOP TEN TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally delightful! Truly. Trust a librarian, right? You have the Lady Bird wildflower book. By the way, I cannot wait for the flowers this year. Hopefully, good ones with all the rain we've had. Sorry, distracted. I always loved pointing out books such as these to moms at the library looking for books for the their kids. If the children's librarian was not around, I loved boring them silly suggesting books. Nice list! Mine is connected to mysteries - totally shocking for me, I know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great spin on the topic! I'll definitely have to hunt down some of these. Miss Dorothy and her Bookmobile and What to Do About Alice look especially intriguing. Alice Roosevelt is such a fascinating woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, the Julia Child one looks fun! Have you read Just Being Audrey by Margaret Cardillo? It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a great take on the topic! I haven't read any of these but now I'm very intrigued! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful. I had not heard of them. Love the Julia Child. Will have to keep an eye out for this series. Would love to see them. Great fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really like your post! This is my first time taking part in a TTT and your post is quite different from the other two dozen or so blogs that I've visited today. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are all new to me, but they look wonderful!! I totally need to check them out!

    Thanks for visit my blog!

    Giova @ Corazones Literarios

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb, I wasn't familiar with most of these books. What a great list! Just love the story of Miss Dorothy and Her Bookmobile :D

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.