Sunday, April 23, 2017

Pencil Pants: Back from the Library Conference

I just got home from an amazing library conference.

I am happily stacking and snapping my finds. More about that later.


I put on my pencil pants and plan to spend the day writing.



I'm reading (still) Hamilton, along with Anne Lamont's newest, Hallelujah Anyway, as well as The Not-Quite States of America, and my online book group's A Pair of Jesus Boots.

What are you reading today?



What is the Sunday SalonImagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them,and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....That's what happens at the Sunday Salon, except it's all virtual. Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book. Click here to join the Salon.

The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news and recap the past week.

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. We share books that we found in our mailboxes last week. 
 It is now being hosted here.

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which you can share the books you've acquired.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now being hosted at The Book Date.

18 comments:

  1. Ha! Excellent pants (or leggings, as I think we'd call them over here!). I want a pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we call them leggings here, too, but doesn't pencil pants sound so much lovelier?

      Delete
  2. Love the pencil leggings! I am just finishing up a John Grisham, Rogue Lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our book group will be reading a John Grisham book in a couple of months. Hope you enjoy this new one.

      Delete
  3. Those pants are so cute!

    I started the day reading The Housekeeper, and then switched to The Princess Diarist for a while. I cleaned off the patio, took a long shower, and watched The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

    Now I'm ready to go out for a bit...Barnes & Noble?

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Hoping you are making plenty of progress writing today. I am shutting down the computer to finish Of Books and Bagpipes by Paige Shelton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wise to shut down the computer. It can be so distracting.

      Delete
  5. Love the pencil pants. I can't believe you read so many books while attending a conference. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those leggings! Nice variety of books you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice variety of books.Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny pants. It was a busy week of reading, Girl Scouts, the Mandarin Showcase, and boxing up books. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A library conference and stacking your finds, plus pencil pants and writing - sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pencil pants.

    Sounds like a great day all around with the nice things you have planned for yourself. I hope it turned out to be wonderful.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got to admit that I haven't got into Hamilton at all - yet.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! I love your pencil pants! Great set of books you got there!

    Here’s my It’s Monday! What are you Reading!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the pencil pants. They look good, and I bet they're comfortable. I am reading The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian for book club.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.