Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Book Characters as President


It helps, sometimes, to imagine a worse case scenario. 

We could have chosen a book character as our leader.

What if, say, the Cat in the Hat had been elected last November?



Winnie-the-Pooh has trouble with decisiveness, I think.

Scarlett O'Hara could definitely seize the reins of power, but what then?

What would the country be like if The Little Price was head of state?

We could have chosen Napoleon from Animal Farm. Or the Wizard of Oz.

Peter Pan, maybe? Curious George? Or Pinocchio?

Oh dear.


On the other hand, I can imagine some wonderful book character leaders. Anne Shirley. Charlotte from the famous web. Mary Poppins. Gus McCrea from Lonesome Dove. The Little Engine That Could. Tom Sawyer has a lot of gumption. Atticus Finch. Even the little boy from The Emperor's New Clothes knew how to call a spade a spade. And I definitely like Madeline, though she would have to immigrate. And there's always Gandalf.










Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
SaveSaveSaveSave

9 comments:

  1. Ooh nice picks! I do wonder though what the world would be like with Peter at the helm! I mean, he's not very responsible! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your list this week! :-) Some great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Love your answer! Gandalf would be a great leader. He can for sure motivate people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would take any of those characters over what we've got :-) This post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I love your list. Sometimes I feel like The Cat in the Hat IS the president.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me giggle quite a lot! So thank you! I do agree with Anne Shirley - though the stress of the job might be hard for her to handle, I think she'd do right by her subjects in the end. And I agree with some previous posters - all better than current leadership! Great spin on the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've reminded me of both the Snoopy for President and Fonzie for President movements, it was fun to think about!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.