Tuesday, September 22, 2020

13 Books I Can't Wait to Read This Fall




The Switch by Beth O'Leary (fiction)
Eighty Days to Elsewhere (fiction)
If You Come to Earth by Sophie Blackwell (picture book)
Jack by Marilynne Robinson (fiction)
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (fantasy)
Guardians of Liberty: Freedom of the Press and the Nature of News (YA nonfiction)
Cher Ami and Major Whittlesey by Kathleen Rooney (fiction)
The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson (fantasy)
The Invisible Alphabet by Joshua David Stein (picture book)
The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (fiction)
A Furious Sky: The Five-Hundred Year History of America's Hurricanes (nonfiction)
Good Morning, Monster: A Therapist Shares Five Heroic Stories of Emotional Recovery (nonfiction)
True or False: A CIA Analyst's Guide to Spotting Fake News (YA nonfiction)



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

24 comments:

  1. Yes yes ... to the Cher Ami novel ... I've heard it's good. If someone call pull off that premise, they must be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks! Those are all totally new to me ones! I hope you get to read them all this fall!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to start Good Morning Monster (once I can focus after RBG's passing(: - so sad. I hope you will love The Vanishing Half as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently reading The Vanishing Half and finding that all those rave reviews I read were well founded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Furious Sky sounds so good.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Deb! I always just want to add books to my TBR list when I visit you. I've just spend half my day compiling my Classics Club and deleting a hump or two from my TBR list. And here I go again...

    I finally joined The Classics Club!!! Here's my link up. If I did anything wrong or need to know anything else, please let my know?

    The Classics Club - I finally did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intrigued by The Midnight Library, definitely one I want to check out at some point.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/09/22/top-ten-tuesday-282/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm adding a few of these right now to my list. The Vanishing Half is on hold at the library and I just finished her first book so I can't wait for this one! Also the True or False book looks like one I need to buy and read with my son! Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of good titles here! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been reading good reviews for The Switch. I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not familiar with most of those but Vanishing Half is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw The Midnight Library mentioned on another blog. I love the idea! True or False should be required reading for everyone. It's so easy for false information to spread these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Vanishing Half and the Midnight Library have very enticing titles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. After enjoying The Flatshare so much I definitely want to read The Switch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can recommend The Vanishing Half very highly indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you enjoy them! I’ll have to look up those fake news books. I’m interested in that topic, for obvious reasons.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A Furious Sky is on the Kirkus short list so should be good and I really enjoyed reading The Vanishing Half. Looks like a good list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, my TBR list grows every time you share a post like this one. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't put it on my list, but I'm really hoping to get to The Vanishing Half this fall too. I've seen nothing but wonderful reviews for it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I bet the hurricane book would be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the sound of the CIA book, I bet it’ll be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel I should read Brit Bennett ... though I fear I won't get to her for some time. And, of course, Marilynne Robinson is a draw for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You added to my TBR list--again! Sigh....

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.