Saturday, February 19, 2022

Around the World in 80 Books; Life is What You Bake It; and Love is in the Air

 








What I Read Last Week:





What I'm Reading Now:

Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants 
by Robin Wall Kimmerer (Naturalist Book Club)

Another Year of Wonder: Classical Music for Everyday by Clemency Burton Hill (Nonfiction)

The Joy Plan: How I Took 30 Days to Stop Worrying, Quit Complaining, and Find Ridiculous Happiness by Kaia Roman (Happiness)

The Hills is Lonely by Lillian Beckwith (Classics Club)

Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (Book Club)

The Hobbit, or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien (Book Club Read)





I focused on reading picture books for my Around the World in 80 Books perpetual challenge last week. I read books set in Mexico, Paraguay, Micronesia, Nigeria, Iceland, Morocco, Antarctica, and more. It's nice to know that so many great books set in places all over the world are available in my public library.




Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:







 

We've been alternating between Gilmore Girls, Seaside Hotel, and Escape to the Chateau lately.

Any recommendations for me?







Good Thing #1

We have been monitoring butterflies along a trail at a county park near us for almost a year, 
and last week we added a second trail, this one at the Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge.
Both trails are about a mile long.
Want to guess which trail had the most butterflies? 
(Answer below)



Good Thing #2


When we first saw this butterfly from afar, we couldn't figure out what kind of butterfly it was.
Then I managed to get a photo...and...oh, it looks like love is in the air.



Good Thing #3


We started work on our raised beds for our spring garden.
We started our seeds in the hotbox.



Answer: Yes, the wildlife refuge had more:
County Park: 11
Wildlife Refuge: 68




I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.