Wednesday, May 3, 2023

What Can You Learn About a Person From Their Bookshelves? A Look at the Bookshelves of an Austin Airbnb

 I stayed at an Airbnb cabin during the library conference. This is the third Airbnb I've stayed in this year. 

All three places advertised themselves as having books. The first place had three books. The second place had one book. 

Nope. Sorry. Three books or one book---no one would consider an Airbnb that has three books or a single book as offering books.


Austin Airbnb bookshelves

But the third place I stayed, the cabin in Austin, had books. A lot of books. 

Well done, Austin Airbnb.

As I browsed the shelves, I started wondering about the people who owned the Airbnb, the people who originally put the books on the shelves.

What can you learn about people from their bookshelves?

I quickly noticed there were a lot of books about the law. 


But what is Linda Goodman's Love Signs doing among all those law books?


I love good literature, but I was not a fan of the literature section.





Here and there I found books I have read 
including From Dawn to Decadence.




A few art books. 



I was tempted by The Rise and Fall of the American Left.




The fiction section? Not titles that appealed to me.



A lot of cookbooks.



I must say that I've never read a book about elocution.

So what sort of person owns these books? 

What can you tell about a person from their bookshelves?

Or were they bought in bulk at Half Price Books?!




For more photos, link up at Wordless WednesdayComedy PlusMessymimi's MeanderingsKeith's RamblingsCreate With JoyWild Bird Wednesday, and My Corner of the World.


Wondrous Words Wednesday is a meme where you can share new words that you’ve encountered, or spotlight words you love or post about anything word-ish. It was first created by Kathy over at Bermuda Onion.

Weekend Cooking was created by Beth Fish Reads and is now hosted by Marg at The Intrepid Reader (and Baker). It is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.