Saturday, September 30, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Home (at Last!) from Italy

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 



My time in Italy is over and I've returned home and finally managed to shake off my jet lag. Our trip to Italy was inspired by Stanley Tucci's series, Searching for Italy. As we traveled around the country, I chose to eat and drink something that sounded interesting every day. My complete list of foods/drinks tried is on the graphic above. I'll be posting more about our trip to Italy soon.








What I Read While I Was Away in Italy
(links go to reviews)

My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
Forbidden Notebook by Alba de Céspedes



What I'm Reading Now:

Hello Stranger by Katherine Center
Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
Where Angels Fear to Tread by E. M. Forster







What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:








...trying to return to normal life...





My muse abandoned me while I was in Italy.
Any thoughts about how I can get going on my novel again?




I began to list 3 Good Things every day in 2020. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. 

Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:
Comic in the paper 
we saw the day we returned home from Italy.



Good Thing #2:
Author Katherine Center will be speaking 
at our library fundraiser in October.



Good Thing #3:
First meal at home 
when we got home from Italy
along with a fresh salad from the garden and homemade bread.
Italy has inspired my cooking.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.