Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Authors I've Met

Margaret Atwood! Wow!


Lots of great kids' authors:

Jayson Reynolds.             R. L. Stein                             Aaron Reynolds

Jacqueline Woodson.        Kate DiCamillo               Melissa Sweet

Rick Riordan

Mo Willems

Jon Klassen at my school!


Lots of wonderful adult authors:

Anne Lamott

Gretchen Rubin

Amy Krause Rosenthal                            Katherine Center

Jane Green

David Baldacci                      Mary Higgins Clark




Lots of authors I've met at Inprint in Houston:

Richard Powers                 Kiran Desai                   George Saunders

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi                   Salman Rushdie

My "twin," Janet Evanovich


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.    

19 comments:

  1. I am very pleased that you showed Margaret Atwood at the head of the list! You probably know this, but in case not, she is a dedicated birder, as was her late husband, Graeme Gibson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You met Margaret Atwood, Anne Lamott AND Salmon Rushdie? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a list of famous authors !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! Excellent authors all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't met many but I've seen a few. The only one I actually met was Dean Koontz. Very kind, man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking list! I've only met one 😂

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy Krause Rosenthal. So sad. We were robbed of her joy when she passed.

    Anne Lamott. Was she like herself? That must have been awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an overachiever, Deb! Very cool Margaret Atwood? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! What an array of authors! Lots of names I recognize and a lot that are new to me ones too! Glad you got to meet so many awesome people!

    Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, in that picture Janet Evanovich does look like she could be your twin.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/c-author-names-alphabet-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  11. R.L. Stein, Rick Riordan and Katherine Center would be fun to meet for sure! Lovely list with awesome pictures.

    My Post:
    https://thegentlechapter.blog/2026/09/15/top-ten-tuesday-alphabet-freebie-k-t/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great list! I would love to meet Mo Willems and see what he is like in person. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely to see. I haven't met any, but maybe someday I can retire and go to a convention or two and meet a couple. After all, readers need writers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always fun to go to book launches and meet up with the authors. So much fun!
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so many amazing authors. Lucky you!

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts.