Saturday, April 10, 2010

Readathon: Hour 14, 15, 16, 17...24: Trying to Stay...Awake...Zzzzzz....


Sûrement Je Peux Veiller Cela Longtemps
(Surely I Can Stay Awake This Long!)

Mid-Event Survey (Abridged):

What are you reading right now? A Moveable Feast and a M.F.K. Fisher book

How many books have you read so far? 2 children's picture books: Madeline and Babar

Are you getting tired yet? Oddly, no.

Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Two words: Readathon Lite...

A few MiniChallenges:

Once Upon a Reading MiniChallenge

That Weekend in Paris, it had to be Swann’s Way or no way. Life was Les Miserables for Madeline. Then she became determined to Serve It Forth. “Good Morning, Midnight!” she screamed as she began her trek From the Fifteenth District that would be known as The Moveable Feast. Time Was Soft There; Tender is the Night.

Update: Hour 18 did me in. I got in a few pages of Time Was Soft There and fell asleep....But I'm back for the last thirty minutes. I've got my coffee going and I'm determined to read to the finish line.

Most Hated MiniChallenge
I try not to hate any people I meet, including those in a book. That's the wonder of a book; you can see that even the most difficult people clearly...why they are the way they are...their weaknesses, but also their strengths. And you see, over and over, the power of love to transform people.

Reading Sanctuary MiniChallenge
Were you able to escape the hustle and bustle of life? Where did you do the majority of your reading? Did you leave the house (or wherever you were) at any time during the challenge?

This was my favorite Readathon. I only left the house once, to go to a wedding shower (that I discovered is actually for today, but that's another story!) I had the fun French music going...my husband zipped out and surprised me with croissants and gelato for snacks...and I finished four French-ish books! Happy Day!

Cliffhanger MiniChallenge

"You didn't ask to be born, you didn't make the world as it is, you didn't make yourself as you are. Why torment yourself? Why not take life just as it comes?"

from Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys
 
Photo by Kimdokhac

7 comments:

  1. Reading is fun
    Reading is great
    Hope you’re able
    To stay up late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were awake as you. I woke up at 5am, even though my readathon didn't start until 8am. I is wore out... but I am following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed that you are so awake! I am really enjoying my book but can feel the tiredness starting to set in - I think I will finish this one tonight and then wake early and try for another!

    thanks for stopping by my blog - I follow your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the rest of the readathon is going well for you! Glad you participated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon." ~Dr. Seuss
    Oh, how I realize in this late hour it's getting tough so I'll offer you energy for those tired eyes. :) You've done well so I hope you feel refreshed! Plus, The fact that you're awake speaks volumes! Way to be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you're having a great readathon! I've been doing a total read-a-thon lite this time around too. Good luck for the last couple of hours.

    BTW, all your talk of France and French is making me want to both go again, and try to kick start my rusty French. I hope you have a fabulous trip there this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, thank you for giving me the quick French translation - I've been cheering too fast... ah - the quality comment vs visit-everyone-frenzy challenge! HAPPY READATHON! Cheers, C

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.