Sunday, September 6, 2015

What I Read and What I'm Reading Now

   


What I Finished Last Week


     It was Bookcrossing that motivated me to finally read two books I've had in my TBR for a long time. I signed up for a bookbox and it arrived last week. The bookbox was crammed full of amazing books, and all of them had a medical theme. I thought I'd have plenty of books to trade out in the bookbox, but I needed a few more. I went in search of medically themed books in my TBR and found two. Surprisingly, I read them both this week. And, even more surprisingly, they were both very, very good.

     Here's what I finished:



     My mailbox was full this week. Look what arrived:





Just for Fun



     Play Judgey. Judge a book by its cover and then see how close you get to its Goodreads rating.




How'd your week go? Any good reads this week? 


What is the Sunday SalonImagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them,and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....That's what happens at the Sunday Salon, except it's all virtual. Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book. Click here to join the Salon.


The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news and recap the past week.

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. We share books that we found in our mailboxes last week. 
 It is now being hosted here.

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which you can share the books you've acquired.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 




14 comments:

  1. The Professor and the Madman has been on my wish list for ages. Hope you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how long I had a copy of The Professor and the Madman sitting on my shelf. I honestly can't believe I finally got around to reading it!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're enjoying your book box. I've read The Professor and the Madman too. Really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I am curious about Out of My Mind....hope you enjoy them all, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got right into the narrator's head in OOMM. What a powerful story.

      Delete
  4. What a fun book box! I'm trying to read more books off my TBR as well. The older books keep getting ignored for newer shinier books but one day I'll get them all read. Great mailbox this week! It looks like you got some wonderful children's books. I'll have to look for My Leaf Book especially. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just when I think I have a handle on my TBR list, I visit your blog and add several more must-reads to the pile :) First one to devour: Tell Me a Picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful mix of books for you this week. I've got A Shiloh Christmas and must check out This Side Of Wild! Have fun with your exciting reads and have a great holiday.

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/06/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-128-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of Out of My Mind!

    Lots of children's books there for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just talking about THE PROFESSOR AND THE MADMAN yesterday. That book made a real impression on me.

    Have a good week with those kiddos!

    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/09/sunday-monday-salon-september-6th.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun looking books. And I love the out of my mind cover! Happy reading and thanks for visiting my blog.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked the Professor and the Madman. It looks like you had a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed The Professor and the Madman but it's been a long while. What an unusual story! I like most of all Simon Winchester books. He's a master.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.