Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Happiness Books*

I've been thinking about happiness.

I've been thinking about happiness for ten years.

Layers of Spirals: Version 2
Photo by Fractal Ken

Why should we be happy?

Happy people are healthy.
Happy people work hard.
Happy people are liked.
Happy people are successful.
Happy people are spiritual.


Bubble mix
Photo by robynejay
I am happy. But I want to be as happy as happy can be.
Can people become happier?
Yes. Research suggests that people can control 50% of their happiness.

So, books.
Here are some nonfiction books on happiness
that have increased my happiness:

The Happiness Project
Flow by Mihaly Csikeszentmihalyi
Stumbling on Happiness
Exuberance
The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky
Happiness:  Lessons from a New Science
The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places on Earth
A Short Guide to a Happy Life
Happier by Tal Ben-Sharar
Thanks! How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier
The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People
Aging Well: Surprising Guideposts to a Happier Life
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance


Staffie on Hampstead Heath
Photo by markhillary

Do you have any recommendations for me?
Do you know of any good books on happiness?


*I know, I know. I just did a post on happiness books.
But can you really get too much happiness?

21 comments:

  1. This was a fun take on the 'freebie' week. Love your list and no, I don't read much non-fic. So no suggestions. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic for this week's freebie! I haven't read any of these titles but that's interesting to know that there are plenty of happiness-themed books out there :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I always try to be happy. I am a bubbly person but sometimes it's hard to be happy all the time but we can try.

    Megan @ http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an interesting meme you did! I'll keep these titles in mind, for a day I have a blues or something... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your theme this week!! Great list!!

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-ten-tuesday-my-list-of-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list! I read and enjoyed The Happiness Project and it really made me realize how many things I had enjoyed I had let go for no real reason. Taking a little time and being more mindful of my own happiness makes everything run so much better for my family as well. I'm adding several of these to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, your happy books look so fun and everyone could use a picture of that dog in their life! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness! what a great dog picture hahahaha!!! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great spin on the freebie for this week. I loved the pictures. Sadly I don't read much non-fiction, so I can't honestly recommend any book on the matter of happiness.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kar @ Pause Time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice idea for this week's freebie, and a great list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always fun to have some freedom with this meme! It's cool to see the range of topics and creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely list for a rainy day! All I can contribute is a book on the flipside, that suggests that it's ok not to be happy all the time: 'Smile or Die: How Positive Thinking Fooled America & the World' by Barbara Ehrenreich. Might not be quite what you're looking for though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely list for a rainy day! All I can contribute is a book that reminds us that it's ok not to be happy all the time: 'Smile or Die' by Barbara Ehrenreich :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.