Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I Love Authors and You Should, Too



Authors! Authors! How I love authors! Let me count the ways...


 

1. Authors have beautiful smiles. 
(Children's poetry author Marilyn Singer and Because of Winn-Dixie author Kate DiCamillo)


2. Authors have an amazing sense of style.
(Top: Captain Underpants author Dav Pilkey with Lunch Lady author Jarrett J. Krosoczka;
Bottom: Guys Read author Jon Scieszka with Sam and Dave Dig a Hole author Mac Barnett)

3. Authors look good holding their books.
(L to R: Fancy Nancy author Jane O'Connor; La Llorona storyteller Joe Hayes; 
children's author and illustrator Melissa Sweet)

 
4. Authors graciously sign their books.
(Shark vs. Train author Chris Barton and Caldecott winner Jerry Pinkney)

5. Some authors can write and draw, too.
(Captain Underpants author Dav Pilkey)

6. Some authors can play musical instruments. Some can sing.
(Left: Hank the Cowdog author John R. Erickson; 
Right: Author/singer Jewel)

7. Some authors are so famous they have bodyguards. 
You can just barely, barely, barely see them.
(Children's author/actress Jamie Lee Curtis)

8.  Authors can strike a pose.
(L to R: Author Jonathan Auxier and author Aaron Reynolds)

9. Sometimes you can go with your librarian friends and 
see an author and get your picture made with an author. Happy day!
(I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You author Ally Carter)

10. Sometimes, best of all, authors come to your school. Happy, happy day!
(Caldecott winner Jon Klassen)


How I love authors!




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful list. Love everything about it.

    You can find my list here

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list! :P I love meeting authors too! I just wish they'd come to my town more!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Authors (almost) never come to my town. I always have to drive to find them.

      Delete
  3. This is a very fun list! #2 is my favorite! Hilarious! I should make my daughter check out some of their books she loves reading too!
    Thanks so much for stopping on our TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I love all the pictures and everyone looks like they're having such a good time. It reminds me that I need to attend more author events!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely agree with all these as well!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this tribute to authors and what a fun post! I love authors, too. I wish we could get a Caldecott or Newberry winner to come to my school. What a dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like a dream. I felt blessed to have Jon Klassen share his books with the children at my school.

      Delete
  7. Love it. Authors are special and I love it when they come to a school and talk to the kids, getting them excited about reading AND writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my do you ever have me laughing. I love the sense of style photos you shared, Deb. :-) This is a great list. Authors really are great people. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun list. People are being so creative this week.

    My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I have found almost every author I have met to be gracious and kind. I am glad you feel the same. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.