Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The I-Can't-Wait-to-Read Books You Must Add to Your TBR: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year


Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal: Not Exactly a Memoir

I've already read this and it's fun and surprising and interactive. You won't go away sad from this little breath of cleverness. Rainbows. Sound of a ringing wineglass. Self-portraits. Random. Delightful. August 2016.


Pancakes in Paris

I've got the ARC of this book, too, but I'm trying to hold off reading it until it's time for Paris in July. (I do hope Thyme for Tea will take us to Paris in July this year.) September 2016.

 The Cookie Fiasco          We Are Growing

I've already read these two, too. And I've already read them to my primary students at school. Big, big hits. Love, love, love. September 2016.


Some Writer! The Story of E. B. White by Melissa Sweet

If you have seen any of Melissa Sweet's other illustrated books...if you love Charlotte's Web...or if you are just looking for a wonderful book...get Some Writer!  October 2016.

Du Iz Tak? by Carson Ellis

As soon as I figure out what these creatures are saying, I'm going to read this one. Du Iz Tak? Anyone? October 2016.

The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon

Here's the blurb: "England, 1976. Mrs. Creasy is missing and the Avenue is alive with whispers. The neighbors blame her sudden disappearance on the heat wave, but ten-year-olds Grace and Tilly aren't convinced. As the summer shimmers endlessly on, the girls decide to take matters into their own hands. Inspired by the local vicar, they go looking for God---they believe that if they find Him they might also find Mrs. Creasy and bring her home." July 2016.

Sea Change by Frank Viva

I think Frank Viva, a wonderful graphic artist/picture book author/illustrator, said this is his first non-picture book book. And Lemony Snicket likes it: "Sea Change is alike a dip in cold Canadian waters: just step inside, and soon you're completely swept away, finding yourself overwhelmed and breathless, entranced by this whirlwind of a book. Bravo, Frank Viva. And glub, glub, glub."

Lead With Your Heart: Lessons from a Life with Horses

I really know nothing about horses, but I'm intrigued with the teeny-tiny bit of this book that I took home from BEA. Hamilton's first book was Zen Mind, Zen Horse, so it may be about more than just how to ride. September 2016.

Art of the Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life

Oh my! Who could resist this one? Homemade crusts? And life? October 2016.



What are you looking forward to?




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

11 comments:

  1. I just saw The Trouble with Goats and Sheep on something yesterday and now I really want to check it out. Great list and I love all the genres you cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of talk about Goats and Sheep. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

      Delete
  2. Pancakes in Paris does look good, that cover makes me want to read it. A good summer read I would think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Art of Pie looks delicious! I'm really looking forward to Pancakes in Paris too. I got a review copy but haven't started it yet but I'm excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm most intrigued by Du Iz Tak? From the cover it looks like "what is that?" But Tak is thanks in Danish (tack in Swedish). Google translate makes it you u thanks in English, and I'm pretty sure it's not that! Please let us know what it really is when you find out... Otherwise I'm very excited for Some Writer, and also intrigued by Pancakes in Paris for obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We Are Growing looks great, I think that'll go down brilliantly with the kids that I read to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pancakes in Paris sounds good. I'm looking forward to all the books I brought back from BEA. Already read Constellation ad reading right now Murder on the Quai, by Cara Black, really good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, The Cookie Fiasco seems so cute. I hope you enjoy all of these. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Art of the Pie looks delicious! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.