Monday, October 8, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?!

                 
               



What I Finished Last Week




Where'd You Go, Bernadette
by Maria Semple
Bernadette is a brilliant architect who has had a major meltdown 
and is dismayed to find herself living in the cultural backwaters of Seattle with...more





Saving the School:
The True Story of a Principal, a Teacher,
a Coach, a Bunch of Kids,
and a Year in the Crosshairs of Education Reform
by Michael Brick
What was I thinking, reading this book during the school year? 
I already live and breathe...more






What I'm Reading Now

Are You There, God?
It's Me, Margaret.
by Judy Blume
(in honor of Banned Book Week)


My Boys and Girls Are in There:
The 1937 New London School Explosion
by Ron Rozelle





 


What Came in the Mail for Me Last Week



All the Awake Animals Are Almost Asleep
by Crescent Dragonwagon
and illustrated by David McPhail


Thank you, Little, Brown, for this beautiful review copy.



Julie Andrews' Treasury for All Seasons:
Poems and Songs to Celebrate the Year

Thank you, Little, Brown, for this lovely review copy.




The Shoemaker's Wife
by Adriana Trigiani

Thank you, Harvee at Book Dilettante and Random Housefor this delightful review copy.

                                                                                                      





What are you reading today?!


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling BJ how many you visited.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh nice variety you got going there! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - I'm not that familiar with GoodReads, but is there a way to read your review from the links above? I can find the GoodReads summary and comments but I'm not sure if you reviewed it or just rated it. It seems like from the jump you reviewed, but the link brings me to the ratings. Just wondering... Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "more", at least in theory, should take you to the full review. I just tried it and it worked, but who knows?!

      Delete
  3. Nice group of books. I don't usually read nonfiction or books about schooling. That's my everyday life and I read to go somewhere else. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED The Shoemaker's Wife - it's a phenomenal story!!! I hope you enjoy that and your other books as well.

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog.
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about a fourth of the way in and I think it's Triganini's best.

      Delete
  5. The books all sound good. I want to read the Triganini. I'll have to add that one to my TBR.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Are You There God for Banned Books Week and oh my word, it was even better than I remembered :) The Rozelle looks really good, hope you enjoy it. I've had The Shoemaker's Wife on my radar for a little bit too.

    Have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy Blume is my favourite childhood author!

    Wishing you a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. What?! A week that we're not reading/wishlisting the same books! ;-) Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.