Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Scariest Book Covers





The Scariest Book Covers
I've Ever Had in My School Library






Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Scary Stories 3
These books are scary. Even for grownups.


Ghosts Along the Brazos
Catherine Munson Foster, a librarian at the public library, came to my elementary school when I was little and scared all of us to death, telling these very scary stories that take place in the county where I live.



Goosebumps
 These scary covers make the book. 
(Incidentally, I saw R. L. Stine at the Texas Book Festival yesterday. 
His books have sold more than four hundred million copies. 
Astonishing. Astonishing that so many people want to be scared to death.
And Stine revealed at the festival that none of his books scare him! Imagine.)


That's enough of the scary covers. I'm pretty sure that just looking at these is going to give me bad dreams. 

What scary book covers have you seen?


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

14 comments:

  1. I used to love the Goosebump books. R.L Stine has fantastic covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goosebumps! I remember there would be such a tussle at school for whoever gets to borrow the latest Goosebumps book from the library xD Good times.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goosebumps is the best! I loved reading those as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! All the Goosebumps covers always scared me as a kid! Pretty much before I became a reader of all things "creepy"!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about the Goosebump books! Great list :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goosebumps are such incredibly compelling reads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was glad to see that R. L. Stine is still writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks! I really like the Goosebumps ones =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Goosebumps covers! I used to read them and had quite a collection of them. Not every cover was scary, but there were some that I avoided looking at when I was reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Goosebumps covers were creepy! And beautiful, in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My students still love and read Goosebumps. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.