Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Book Turn-Offs




Book Turn-Offs...

In no particular order...







(Note:  And unbearable bad spelling...eek...sorry...
let's make that "sappiness," please.)







What annoys you in the book-ish world?


(Attempting to use text art to reply to the prompt...admittedly in a less-than-excellent way...wish I knew a great site to use...welcome your input, oh wise ones!)



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

13 comments:

  1. Number 10 I definitely agree with, why should who it's written by be more important than the book itself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of those things that sounds silly, but it is truly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with #3. Monster type things are not for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with #3.Monsters are definitely not for me.Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier.

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take away #1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and you have wiped out more than half of the books that are "trending and popular" these days :)
    It's good that you know what genres you are comfortable in and don't need to read what "everyone else" is reading.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting list :) Blood and monsters caught my attention, though I hadn't thought of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, Rita. I don't go for popular much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with a lot of these too! Although I don't mind blood or scary monsters. :P Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my TTT post. ^.^
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol I think we're twins separated at birth. I agree with every one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would add freaky, scary scenes that give you nightmares--like occult. And overly detailed sex-scenes that don't advance the plot.

    I actually agree with your list on a lot of things! I occasionally will do a vampire or zombie, but I don't understand the appeal for zombies at all. I also will do some books with weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Books that zone on and on, giving out irrelevant (to me) details.

    I also hate books that look like they haven't been edited....punctuation and grammar errors throughout.

    I don't like a lot of blood and gore, either.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.