Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Great Books I Might Recommend For a Beginning Reader



This is what I do every day.



I recommend books to beginning readers. I'm a school librarian. Our school has students who are PreK to second grade. Everyone at my school is a beginning reader.



Here are some that I've recommended this year with good results:

BrownBearBrownBearWhatDoYouSee.jpg
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Confidence builder.


This is Not My Hat and I Want My Hat Back. The author came to our school last year and our kids are now his biggest fans.

 
Press Here. Interactive.




All the Elephant & Piggie books. Goofy funny.



All the Fly Guy books. It's a chapter book, with real chapters. But readable.


The Big Fat Cow That Goes Kapow. Looks like a big thick book but it only has a few words on each page. And it's funny.



Frog and Toad books. Real chapter books.




 I bet you have recommendations for me, too. Please share them. I always need recommendations for great books for early readers.



13 comments:

  1. Great list! I remember Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? xD

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. :') I love this list. I hope Frog and Toad books will remain popular choices in future generations to come because they played such a big role in my childhood. Same with Eric Carl books. So good to meet a librarian! I've always loved my school librarians.

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. My son has read quite a few of these as he is at the beginner reading stage as well. I love that you made this list geared towards the youngest readers out there.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Press Here! It's such a unique book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun list..even though I've never read any of the books. :) And thank you for stopping by my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love posts like this! It's great to encourage youngsters to get into reading early :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect Top Ten subject list for you. I'm familiar with most of these books, but haven't read all of those. Nice to see an Aussie make the list too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ordered a whole bunch of Andy Griffiths books for my school library. Very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading children's books to my little sisters, so this list is perfect for me. I also remember reading some of these when I was younger, which is bringing back nostalgia.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT and sorry for taking a few days to return the favor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The books look so amazing! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are so great. frog and toad was my favorite as a kid. I love your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.