Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Book Characters Who Are Readers, Too

I've been reading since I was two years old. My favorite friends in the real world have often been my fellow readers. It seems natural that I would adore book characters who are readers, too.

Here are some of my favorites:




The Old Lady Who Loved to Read





Scout Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird





Jo March in Little Women





Anne of Green Gables





Matilda





Don Quixote





Klaus Baudelaire in A Series of Unfortunate Events





Emma Bovary


Charles Wallace in A Wrinkle in Time





Guy Montag in Fahrenheit 451






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

17 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! Seeing Matilda a lot already! She was perfect!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Don Quixote! *high fives* I thought I was the only one who thought on him this week xD Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne is a wonderful choice and I've been wanting to go back and read Matilda and a Wrinkle in Time. Great assortment of bookish characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Meg was really my doppelganger, she'd be a reader.

      Delete
  4. Great choices. I have Guy Montag on my list too. Also, Matilda was one of my favorite books and movies when I was a kid. I should reread it now that I’m an adult.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you back from Yellowstone so soon? I like your list of easy and YA books with a few classics thrown in. I also only added books I've read. I often wonder if the creators of these lists have read the books they name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracious alive, no. I'm on the road. But, believe it or not, I have wifi access here is Kemmerer, Wyoming.

      Delete
  6. I see you went a little more with classics. How could I have forgotten Charles Wallace? Great choices!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. But I did leave off A. J. Fikry from Storied Life and Liesel from Book Thief. Don't know how I did that.

      Delete
  7. I forgot about Madam Bovery when i made my list. But it has been ages since i read that book so it is not really that surprising.
    I really enjoyed how you mostly listed classics that i think many people -including myself- forgot to include in their own lists either because it has been a while since the books have been read or because they have not yet read the books.
    Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matilda and Klaus were both on my list too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/top-ten-tuesday-15/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great list. I was trying to think of a few as well ... maybe Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.