Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Bookish Folks I Listen To



NPR.




Oprah magazine.


Bookmarks magazine.


School Library Journal magazine.


Book bloggers with similar reading tastes including Paris books, books-about-books, spiritual books, excellent literary fiction, wonderful children's picture books, travel stories.


Goodreads. And LibraryThing.


Anyone who makes a list of his/her favorite books. 


Books-about-books.


Blue Willow Book Shop staff. My local independent book store.


Book-loving friends. (You know who you are.)





What bookish folks do you listen to?







Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

12 comments:

  1. Great List. Some of the names sound familiar like the Goodreads. You mentioned that they are bookish folks that you listen to. Where do you listen to them? Is it youtube? I would like to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm...maybe I should have added links? I think I will go back and do that. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing that by "listen to" you mean "pay attention to the recommendations of"? My sisters and their kids are good sources for me. The "kids" led me to Harry Potter and Susan Cooper when they were young; now that they're adults I can still rely on their taste to work well for me. I try to listen to my students as well, but that's not as reliable in terms of finding new favorites, although it is pedagogically sound to be able to talk about their favorite books with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list - SLJ is such a good resource. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I've heard of LibraryThing. Looks like something new to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice! Some new venues to me!! I'm such a blogger geek! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list!! I love so many of those. I keep forgetting to go to the NPR book section so I need to add that to my reminders. I forgot to include Goodreads on mine. I am there everyday because I belong to a really fun group where we do a lot of reading challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great list - I haven't heard of a few of them, but checking them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks this week. This weeks topic has to be one of my all time favourites, I have managed to find some brilliant bookish people to follow. Thank you for your great recommendations, quite a few of these are new to me and I am excited to check them out :) You can see my picks here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great list!! I love your take on the theme (as always) :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.