Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Child Book Characters Who'd Make For (Wonderfully) Vexatious Adults


A list of child book characters and the qualities they possess that might make for an onerous adulthood.


Henry Huggins
Impulsivity



Pippi Longstocking
Spontaneity



Madeline
Intimidation



Tom Sawyer
Lack of work ethic



Winnie-the-Pooh
Simplicity




Fancy Nancy
Creativity, unbound



The Pigeon
Argumentative nature



Tacky the Penguin
Disregard of peer pressure



Little Red Riding Hood
Inability to see danger



No, David
Mischievous spirit




Still, I refuse to condemn these child book characters to a problematic adulthood. Who knows? Perhaps these character traits will serve them well. Could be refreshing, even.  :-)






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

17 comments:

  1. Omg I recognise so many of these!! YAY for epic childhood books. And yes, I'm sure they'll turn out into healthy, normal adults. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚XD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Winnie the Pooh made my list as well. It would be interesting to see them age. I always figured Christopher Robin would remember them as an adult one day. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember a lot of these books, clever way to use that topic. I especially love Pippi Longstockings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, how could I forget about Tom Sawyer?? AND Madeline! What a wonderful list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i love how you organized/themed this post! Fun :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pippi Longstocking, is a good one! I would love to see how she is getting along these days! :D Great Top Ten!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful list! I'd love to see Pippi and Madeline as adults. I think their traits would make for fantastic adults but the Pigeon is a whole other story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pippi and Red Riding Hood would be brilliant to see as adults - you have such great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to do this one, but love my childhood kids just as they are. I do like your reasoning for the ones that you selected though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol! Yes! These are awesome choices!! What a very fun post. :) Thanks for stopping by mine too!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting list! Seeing how Pippi turned out would be great fun.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.