Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Two Books Any Reader Would Love for Santa to Deliver

Bibliophile: An Illustrated Miscellany   1,000 Books to Read Before You Die: A Life-Changing List

Step away from this blog post.

Slowly.

Slowly.

Slowly.

Good. Stop where you are. Take a deep breath.

Ready? 

Okay. I urge you: Do not allow either of these two books into your home. 

These books should be banned for us bibliophiles much as alcohol is banned for alcoholics. 

These. Books. Will. Do. Nothing. But. Build. Your. (Already. Huge.) TBRs. Into. Shaky. Towers. Of. Astonishing. Altitude.

You have been warned.








Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

11 comments:

  1. Ha! I can see how both of those would be addictive. Merry Christmas, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Love your post today! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I love it, but I really DO want The Bibliophile. It's so pretty!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... Of course now I need to have these books! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great books and we just don't have enough time to read them all! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about if I just read one? :) I love the cover art of the one on the left.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Les, but everybody knows you can't read just one....Books are just like Lays Potato Chips, I'm afraid.

      Delete
  7. I may have petted Bibliophile when I saw it in the bookstore.

    My husband is working on a painting of my favorite books by Oregon authors, inspired by their Perfect Bookshelf art.

    Merry Christmas, Deb!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.