Tuesday, September 17, 2019

The Best Thing to Drink While Reading

You know what I'm talking about. Coffee. Of course. And make mine black, please.

What do I drink my coffee in? I think I must share.


Classic coffee mug for readers.




Mugs from some of my favorite places.



Mugs where some of my favorite people live.



Diversity. I used this one every day when I was librarian at my most diverse school, with a beautiful 25% split of the population for each common American ethnicity.




My favorite saying.



From a friend with a great sense of humor.



A fingerprint mug, with my husband, my granddaughter and me.



Yes, I've been doing the Cybils a long time.



Perfect for reading and blogging. And, of course, drinking coffee....



...though, occasionally, you might find this lovely handmade glass with a different favorite drink...






Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

26 comments:

  1. Lovely selection though I want my coffee with milk and sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done with this week's theme!
    I have a favourite mug, mostly because it's huge so can hold more tea haha.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see everyone's favorite mugs. Maybe we should all do a list of fav coffee cups next.

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a great blog post idea!
      Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk

      Delete
  3. Deb, what a lovely collection of coffee mugs (I'm a coffee mug nut as well). I have about 12 different Starbucks places we've been ones and about 10 other faves, although, I tend to drink out of my colorful Fiestaware ones the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mugs, Deb! I drink my coffee black too! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Deb. I have a wide assortment of coffee mugs too. I do like my coffee with a bit of milk and sweetener (not cream and sugar anymore though). However, my biggest requirement is that it be dark roast. I don't even know what a 'blonde' roast is - ha! I don't drink as much as I used to and what I do get to have must be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great twist on the topic - I may use it someday. And that handmade glass is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool mugs! I like the idea of collecting mugs because they’re pretty, but I don’t drink coffee or tea, so I don’t know what I’d use them for.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave up coffee many years ago. Now I drink iced or hot tea. Still have a ton of fun mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore mugs! And I don't allow anyone to use those I designate mine. I buy them wherever we go and my cabinet is stuffed full of mugs nobody but me can use. Great spin on this week's topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your mugs! It's so cool that you have a ReaderBuzz mug! Years ago a colleague had that "good morning" multilingual mug, and his students would point at one and ask, "What's this one say?" "Good morning," he'd tell them, dryly. "How do you know all those languages?!?" they'd ask. LOL. I admired it so often that he got me my own, and I it's one of my faves too.

    I drink black coffee at home, nonfat nonflavored lattes at coffee shops, and coffee with cream at my sisters' houses. As long as it's coffee, all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great mug collection. The fingerprint mug is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a coffee drinker so have virtually no mugs, which makes me a bit sad because there are so many good ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Van Gogh mug! I drink my dark roast with unsweetened coconut milk. Mmmmm. Good to the last drop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When friends go places, I usually ask for a bookmark or postcard for my collection when they ask what souvvenier to bring me. After seeing your "bookish" mugs and special ones, I think I'll ask for mugs! I had an I heart NY mug and broke it. Guess I'll have to go to NYC and buy a new one! Seriously, am thinking of April or May.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When friends go places, I usually ask for a bookmark or postcard for my collection when they ask what souvvenier to bring me. After seeing your "bookish" mugs and special ones, I think I'll ask for mugs! I had an I heart NY mug and broke it. Guess I'll have to go to NYC and buy a new one! Seriously, am thinking of April or May.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.