Tuesday, September 24, 2019

What I Shall Be Reading This Fall


I'll mostly be reading a huge stack of fiction picture books, between 200 to 300, this fall. It’s Cybils time and I’ll be serving as a Cybils judge again for my twelfth year.

But I also hope to get around to some of these. Which ones look good to you?


The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, author of The Night Circus
Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment StoryThat Helped Ignite a Movement
The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11 
The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
The Water Dancer by Ta-nehisi Coates
Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson
Don't You Forget About Me by Mhairi MacFarlane
Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

15 comments:

  1. WHOA! That's a lotta books! Lol. The few on the spotlight here are pretty new to me though I am hearing a lot of buzz over The Starless Sea! I hope you enjoy all these reads this fall!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with picture books, two to three hundred about knocked me over. Godspeed! We share two titles but oh, I forgot about Olive Again. I'll have to add that one, too.
    My list:
    https://thecandleenthusiast.wordpress.com/2019/09/24/top-ten-tuesday-fall-2019-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for The Dutch House.


    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Red at the Bone and know it's good. I've heard The Only Plane in the Sky is outstanding as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make me laugh with delight when I see your huge stacks of books. Know you will enjoy many of them. As to your other list, I have a few that I want to try at some point in the future. I've started saying 'some point in the future' because I am just about over the whole detailed 'must read on a timeline' thing. Keeping up with two book discussion groups is plenty 'must' reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost forgot Erin Morgenstern was coming out with a new book this autumn! Only remembered because I marked it down in my planner, lol. So excited for it. Happy reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy all of those picture books! I'm just a tiny bit jealous of you. :)

    And The Testaments was fantastic. I have a review coming out on it later this week, but this is definitely something I'd recommend you read.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, a number of those books look good; I can't wait to see what you think of them. Cybils time is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the Cybils! I've heard about several of your other books, but non grabs me enough, I have seen some mixed reviews of Atwood's. Here is my list: https://wordsandpeace.com/2019/09/24/top-ten-books-books-on-my-fall-2019-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh you've got a stack there! I need to start that Holly Black series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an amazing TBR. So many of my anticipated reads, like The Starless Sea and The Queen of Nothing, are on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I copy you in everything you do. LOL And, I want to read three of the books you showed: Testaments by Atwood, Patchett's The Dutch House, and Olive, Again--I am assuming this is a sequel to Olive Kitteridge. It was one of my favorites!
    I loved The Goldfinch and liked Poldark on PBS, but I'm not sure I'd have the patience to read it. How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I can’t wait for The Starless Sea! And, I have heard marvelous things about The Dutch House. But, I do not think I can abide one more word of Ta-Nessie Coates, whose first novel I found to be nothing but blame and hatred. It was a really hard book for me to read, one that made a quite heated Book Club discussion!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.