Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A Rainbow of Books

These are dark times. I feel the need for a little color in my life. A rainbow, perhaps? A rainbow of books?


The seven colors of the rainbow are 
redorangeyellowgreenblueindigo, and violet.

Let's see what I can find.

Here is a rainbow of books, brought home from a conference, some years ago. 
Not many yellow.
Only a few purple.


Let's see what I can find around my house.

Here is a rainbow of picture books:



A rainbow of children's chapter books:


A rainbow of adult fiction:


That was harder than I had expected.

How about this?

Let's make a rainbow out of all the color books I have ever read:

Redhead by the Side of the Road
Red and Lulu
The Red Notebook
A Few Red Drops
My Sweet Orange Tree
An Orange for Frankie
Oranges are Not the Only Fruit
The Big Orange Splot
There, There by Tommy Orange
Yellowstone: A Journey Through America's Wild Heart
Circling Yellowstone
Squatters in Paradise: A Yellowstone Memoir
A Weird and Wild Beauty: The Story of America's First National Park
Adventures in Yellowstone: Early Travelers Tell Their Tales
Little Blue and Little Yellow
Yellowstone Moran
The Persistence of Yellow
Highlighted in Yellow
A Yellow Raft in a Blue Water
The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop
A Yellowstone Savage in Fishing Bridge
A Yellowstone Savage: Life in Nature's Wonderland
Half of a Yellow Sun
Black Bird, Yellow Sun
The Yellow Suitcase
Linus the Little Yellow Pencil
Ameliar-Anne and the Green Umbrella
Marilla of Green Gables
Anne of Green Gables
The Children of Green Knowe
Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening: How I Learned the Unexpected Joy of a Green Thumb and an Open Heart
Kelsey Green, Reading Queen
Nighty Night, Little Green Monster
Grandpa Green
Something's Fishy, Hazel Green
Green Eggs and Ham
Black Swan Green
Black and Blue Magic
Blue Window
Words in Deep Blue
The Blue Zones of Happiness
Notes from a Blue Bike
A Spool of Blue Thread
Peter in Blueberry Land
The Blue-Ribbon Jalapeno Society Jubilee
The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse
Jonathan and the Big Blue Boat
Blue Chicken
Blue Chameleon
Little Blue and Little Yellow
Lavender's Blue
Blue Highways
Island of the Blue Dolphin
Blue Water
Brass Ankle Blues
Blue Shoes and Happiness
Blue Suburbia
The Blue Castle
Savannah Blues
Blue Latitudes
The Blue Bottle Club
Blue Jelly: Love Lost and the Lessons of Canning
Blue Italian
A Yellow Raft in Blue Water
(Sadly, no Indigo books)
The Violet Hour: Great Writers at the End
Violet Mackerel's Natural Habitat
Violet Mackerel's Personal Space


Whew. Let's trim that down a bit.
Here is a rainbow of books:

The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain
My Sweet Orange Tree by Jose Mauro de Vasconcelos
Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
Sassafrass, Cypress, and Indigo by Ntozake Shange
The Violet Hour: Great Writers at the End by Katie Roiphe



I'll add a background. Now here is a rainbow of books:


Wonderful board books about colors:


And how about books with rainbow in the title? Any of those? Yes, a few of them:



Now a list of color books I haven't read? A whole gallery of books in all the colors? What else? More color ideas?



It's nice to see a little color.


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girlin January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.

25 comments:

  1. What did you think of Marilla of Green Gables? That made my list this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was charming. I felt great empathy for Marilla.

      Delete
  2. That was quite a project arrange all those books for this post; lovely though. I especially loved the cover art (spines) on the chapter books - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is an amazingly extensive list and photos of colourful books and titles! And I still don't think I have managed to read any of them, except A Little Princess (you a gorgeous copy by the way) ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Here's my choices of colourful book titles: https://thebookwormchronicles.wordpress.com/2020/08/04/top-ten-tuesday-colourful-book-titles/ ๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous! You did a lovely job with this prompt.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaa Debs.... I love your post! How lovely. It's cold and raining here with us. I need a rainbow.

    One day when I'm big, I'm coming to visit you. Would love to sit and browse through all your books.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and clever post, Deb! I like how you came up with all the titles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You always put so much work into your posts. I feel like a slacker. Ha! So many great books on here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is absolutely beautiful! You're inspiring me to take a look at what I have and see if something like this is even possible.

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, if your mission was to make your readers smile with your rainbow post...Mission Accomplished! This really brought some brightness to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a BEAUTIFUL post!! I love it so much. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! I love book stacks and colorful book stacks are even more fun :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love books of all sorts - even stacked in rainbow colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looooove your post with all the colours. Such a wonderful way of making your list.

    Of course, I've read many of them. Just many.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Just..wow. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so clever! I love all of these lists. I spotted Blue Jelly by Debby Bull, whom I met at a small book gathering in Cleveland back in 1998. She was quite funny! I didn't care too much for the book, though...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to write and do a "Celebration of Color" challenge soon. Your pics of these books will give me titles for almost every book I might like to read. TY TY TY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post! And it really brings home how boring the covers of adult books are. But those children and YA books? Fabulous and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an absolutely beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.