Saturday, March 5, 2022

Hitting a Milestone: Over 750 of the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read...Read!






I've been trying to read all the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read for many years. I've now read all the easy-to-find books and I've found most of the hard-to-find-but-still-occasionally available. I've had to resort to using Internet Archive. Internet Archive allows you to check out a book from its online library for an hour at a time. Reading the book online is not easy. Still it's better than nothing. 

When I read the article (below) about the lawsuit against Internet Archive, I decided I'd better go ahead and read the 1001 Children's Books at Internet Archive while the library was still up and running. I read ten of them last week. I've now read over 750 of the 1001 books.


1001 Children's Books I Read Last Week:

The Otterbury Incident by Cecil Day-Lewis
Stradbroke Dreamtime 
La Mucca Moka 
The Robber Hotzenplotz
Storm by Kevin Crossley-Holland
Giulio Coniglio
Little Spook's Baby Sister
Marcelino Pan y Vino
Rupert the Bear
The Little Red Engine Gets a Name

Reviews for all of these are at Goodreads.




What I'm Reading Now:

Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants 
by Robin Wall Kimmerer (Naturalist Book Club)

Another Year of Wonder: Classical Music for Everyday by Clemency Burton Hill (Nonfiction)

Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (Book Club)

The Hobbit, or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien (Book Club Read)

The Country of Pointed Firs (Chapter-a-Day)

The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis (Narniathon)

The Surprising Adventures of Baron Münchausen (1001 Children's Books)

Funny Farm: My Unexpected Life with 600 Rescue Animals (Nonfiction)

The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley (Fiction)






Internet Archive was created as a library for books that are difficult to find. Books have been digitized and can be checked out, if they are not already checked out, for an hour at a time. The big book publishers around the world do not like this and have brought a lawsuit against Internet Archive. See the story here.



Last week I posted here at Readerbuzz:








It's March! I've started listening to the March playlist 
from Another Year of Wonder: Classical Music for Everyday.
Here are three I recommend.

Good Thing #1

Good Thing #2

Good Thing #3






I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. Sunday Salon is a place to link up and to share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 


Some of the things we often talk about at the Sunday Salon:

  • What was your week like?
  • Read any good books? Tell us about them.
  • What other bookish things did you do? 
  • What else is going on in your life?

Other places where you may like to link up over the weekend are below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

My linkup for Sunday Salon is below.  

1 comment:

  1. It's sad about Internet Archive.

    1,000 children's books to read, i haven't seen that list but i'll go look for it.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.