Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Picture Books That Left Me Hanging

It's 32 pages. That's a typical picture book. 

Some of these picture books I've read over and over. And over. 

I can't help but be curious about what might happen next in a few of them...

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

If you are like me, you know this one by heart..."I see a red bird looking at me...Red bird, red bird, what do you see?...I see a yellow duck looking at me..." Blue horse. Green frog. Purple cat. And so on. But what I want to know is...What happens next? Why are all these animals (and children and even a teacher) looking at each other? What is going on?

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Yes, yes, I know the Grinch brought back all the presents of the Whos and even ate Christmas dinner with them, but what will he do next? Will he go back to his cave? Or will he become a part of the close-knit Who community?

Where the Wild Things Are

So where is Max today? Did it help him in the long run to have his parent relent and give him supper, even after he had been so very bad? Or did he end up continuing to make mischief of one kind and another into his teen years and even adulthood?

No, David

And if Max is still running wild and crazy, how is No, David? Are Max and No, David running with the same wild crowd?

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

I'm pretty sure the Pigeon has not yet been allowed to drive the bus, stay up late, have a puppy, or eat a cookie. And it's entirely likely that he's hanging out somewhere with Max and No, David. Probably doing something in politics...


Have you read any picture books that you feel need an epilogue?




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday That Artsy Reader Girl assigns a topic and then post her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.  

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely list. I will have to look into some of these for my son.
    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-wish-had-an-epilogue/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your focus for this week's prompt! Nice twist :) I'd also like to know what happens with the Grinch! It'd be so interesting to know lol

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.