Saturday, February 10, 2024

The Sunday Salon: A Month of Black History Picture Books

     

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 









I spent one day reading and then listening to the birdsongs of birds of the US. Each bird mentioned has a QR code that takes the reader to the birdsong of the bird. What an excellent book! 






What I Read Last Week:

Ozma of Oz by L. Frank Baum






What I'm Reading Now:

The Real Wizard of Oz: The Life and Times of L. Frank Baum by Rebecca Loncraine (Bio)

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (Classic)

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman (Book Club)

Counting Descent by Clint Smith (Poetry)








Thank you, Bonnie of Bonnie's Books, whose post last week reminded me of how much I enjoyed reading picture books in 2021 to celebrate Black History Month. Above is my calendar for 2021. I've decided to start a picture book reading celebration for 2024.



Here are the powerful picture books I've read so far for 2024 Black History Month. I hope you will check some of these out and share them with others. 

written by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley and illustrated by Regis and Kahran Bethencourt

written by Lesa Cline-Ransome and illustrated by James E. Ransome

written by Nikole Hannah-Jones and Renée Watson and illustrated by Nikkolas Smith

written by Alicia D. Williams and illustrated by Briana Mukodiri Uchendu

by Langston Hughes and Daniel Miyares

written by Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee and illustrated by Sean Qualls

written by Jacqueline Woodson and illustrated by E. B. Lewis

written by Langston Hughes and illustrated by Charles R. Smith Jr.

written by Paula Young Sheldon and illustrated by Raul Colon

written by Langston Hughes and illustrated by Bryan Collier








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:











I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Here are 3 Good Things from last week...




Good Thing #1:
Goldfinches!
I counted sixteen one day.



Good Thing #2:
My writing friends and I ate breakfast
before our writing session
at the beautiful Galvez Hotel in Galveston.




Good Thing #3:
My husband went to Tucson this week for the rock and gem shows there,
and I indulged in some heavy-duty movie watching.






Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.