Saturday, February 3, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Ben Fountain and Kaveh Akbar Come to Houston

     

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 








What I Read Last Week:

Magic by the Lake: Magic Tales #2 by Edward Eager (Children's Fantasy)








What I'm Reading Now:

Ozma of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Children's Fantasy)

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (Classic Club)

Conrad: The Factory-Made Boy by Christine Nostlinger (1001 Children's Books)








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:

New-to-Me Authors I Discovered in 2023










Inprint Houston hosted authors Ben Fountain and Kaveh Akbar last Monday night at the Alley Theater downtown. What a delightful conversation the two had with moderator Brenda Peynado! I've requested Akbar's Book, Martyr, from the library.







Get your own Action for Happiness Friendly February 2024 Calendar here.









Happy with my progress!







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:

Good Thing #1:
I visited the Houston Public Library (Central Branch)
 for the first time in a long time.



Good Thing #2:
My writer friend Glenn Starkey
held a three-day writer's workshop.
I learned a lot about how to publish a manuscript.


Good Thing #3:
French for 250 days in a row!




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.