Saturday, January 27, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Drawing Class, Annie Wins a Game, and Sandhill Cranes, Plus Some Good Reading

    

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 







Do you ever have the sort of reading week where you just enjoy everything you are reading? That's what last week was for me. 

I listened to Hollowpox, the third book of the Morrigan Crow fantasy series, and (this is not usual for me---I never read books in a series) I continued to want to see what happens next. Apparently, there will be a fourth book later this year.

The Artist's Way was full of good ideas for writers. I especially like the idea of doing Morning Pages (though I doubt I will ever write three pages every morning) and going on Artist's Dates (off to explore an interest once a week).

My friend Rae passed The Lost Bookshop on to me, and it was a nice diversion.

I think I liked Lady Tan's Circle of Women best last week. I enjoyed reading about the life of a woman doctor in fifteen century China. I'm always fascinated with what women's lives were like in other places and other times, and this was an especially rich experience.




What I Read Last Week:



Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See (Historical Fiction)

Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend (Fantasy)

The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron (Creativity)




The Lost Bookshop by Evie Woods (Magical Fiction)






What I'm Reading Now:

Magic by the Lake: Magic Tales #2 by Edward Eager (Children's Fantasy)

The Underworld: Journeys to the Depths of the Oceans by Susan Casey (Nonfiction)

Ozma of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Children's Fantasy)

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (Classic Club)







What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:









I am delighted that my Classics Club spin landed on Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

I went to my first (ever!) drawing class
We learned about shading.




Good Thing #2:

G-daughter Annie, 8, played her second basketball game,
and her team won.
Annie hit a free throw.
This time, she dribbled the ball toward the right goal.



Good Thing #3:

A call from a naturalist friend sent me just outside my town
to see my first Sandhill Cranes.








Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.