Saturday, January 13, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Cold!

   

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 



It's supposed to get cold this weekend here. It will dip almost to freezing Sunday night, and Monday it will be...24 degrees F? Whew! That's cold!





What I Read Last Week:




If On a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino (Fiction)

Half Magic by Edward Eager (Children's Fantasy)

The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)





The Creative Act: A Way of Being by Rick Rubin (Creativity)









What I'm Reading Now:

Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry (Fiction)

America the Beautiful? by Blythe Robertson (Travel)

Sketch Now Think Later by Mike Daikubara (Drawing)




What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:






Take a look at your own Year in Books here.







I've set up my challenges for 2024. 










I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

A Mister Rogers Movie Marathon
to start the year off right.





Good Thing #2:

My friend Rae held a Silent Book Club meeting 
at her bookstore, Rae's Reads,
this week.




Good Thing #3:

I've written every day in my new journal
made by my sister-in-law, Nancy Ashley.

(Send her a DM at Sew Loved by Nancy Ashley
for your own custom-designed journal.)



How was your week?




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.