Saturday, January 20, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Four Nights of Freezing Weather

   

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 







We survived (though many of our plants did not) two nights of freezing weather last week, and it is supposed to freeze again this weekend. I'm already tired of winter. 

I did finish three books last week, two novels---Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry and Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano---and one nonfiction book, America the Beautiful? 

I wonder if anyone else has read and enjoyed Wendell Berry. If you have, what else of his would you recommend?







What I Read Last Week:


Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry (Fiction)

Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano












What I'm Reading Now:

The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron (Creativity)
Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend (Fantasy)
Magic by the Lake: Magic Tales #2 by Edward Eager (Fantasy)
Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See (Fiction)








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:










It’s time for another Classics Club Spin!

What is the spin? It’s easy. At your blog, before next Sunday 21st January, 2024 create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.

Here is my list:

1. Village School by Miss Read
2. Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont by Elizabeth Taylor
3. Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse
4. Ficciones by Jorge Luis Borges
5. Bleak House by Charles Dickens
6. Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis
7. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
8. Hunger by Knut Hamsun
9. Lost Horizon by James Hilton
10. The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens
11. Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes by Robert Louis Stevenson
12. The Way of All Flesh by Samuel Butler
13. Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser
14. So Big by Edna Ferber
15. Sanditon by Jane Austen
16. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
17. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
18. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
19. I Am a Cat by Natsume Sōseki
20. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens




Have you read any of these?
Do you recommend any of these?



UPDATE!
The spin number is...


Oliver Twist!










I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. 
Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

Birds were delighted that this birdbath
began to thaw on Wednesday morning.
I saw Bluejays, Mockingbirds, Carolina Chickadees,
Tufted Titmice, and a squirrel at the birdbath.




Good Thing #2:

Goldfinches were happy that I've kept the feeders full of seeds 
during this cold weather.



Good Thing #3:

Here I am last week with my friend Cindy,
walking barefooted on the Galveston beach.





Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.