Saturday, January 6, 2024

The Sunday Salon: Bonne Année! Joyeuse Année!

  

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 



I am like a kid at Christmastime when it's New Year's Day.
I feel like it's a brand-new start.
I, of course, made several resolutions.
Fingers crossed!
Happy New Year!




I like to give myself a head start with a new reading year, so I close out my reading for the year in November and I start my reading for a new year in December. I'm happy with the variety of books I finished on January 1st this year. I read a science fiction book; two books on nature; two children's fantasies; a picture book; a cookbook; two books of poetry; a light romance; one classical children's book; a book of essays; a memoir; and four nonfiction books. 


What I Read Last Week (the links go to my reviews): 




The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)







Nevermoor #2: Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend (Children's Fantasy)

A Winter in New York by Josie Silver (Fiction)

The Book of (More) Delights by Ross Gay (Happiness; Essays)



What I'm Reading Now:

If On a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino (Fiction)

Half Magic by Edward Eager (Children's Fantasy)

The Creative Act: A Way of Being by Rick Rubin (Creativity)

Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest by Suzanne Simard (Nature)

The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)







What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:








I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

I volunteered at the Brazoria National Wildlife Center Open House last week.
It was fun talking to people about nature.



Good Thing #2:

My brother broke his leg on Christmas Eve (no, that's not the good thing),
so my husband flew up to Pennsylvania 
to help my brother and his wife drive back to Texas.

My husband is a saint.



Good Thing #3:

My dad celebrated his 97th birthday!




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.