Saturday, December 30, 2023

The Sunday Salon: The Last Few Days of 2023

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 








I decided to start out the year with poetry. I picked Clint Smith's Above Ground. Here's an interview with Smith on Late Night. See what you think.






What I'm Reading Now...
I'll finish most of these on January 1st...

How to Know a Person: The Art of Seeing Others Deeply and Being Deeply Seen by David Brooks (Happiness)

Live Your Best Life: 219 Science-Based Reasons to Rethink Your Routine (Happiness)

What if Jesus Was Serious? A Visual Guide to the Teachings of Jesus We Love to Ignore (Spirituality)

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)

If On a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino (Fiction)

A Winter in New York by Josie Silver (Fiction)

The Book of (More) Delights by Ross Gay (Happiness; Essays)

The Penguin Book of Spiritual Verse: 110 Poets on the Divine (Spirituality)

The Complete Stories by Franz Kafka (Classic)

Baking Yesteryear: The Best Recipes from the 1900s to the 1980s by B. Dylan Hollis (Cookbook)

The Road to Roswell by Connie Willis (SciFi)

Above Ground by Clint Smith (Poetry)



I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:
We received our first birdhouse
from our granddaughter for Christmas.
I would love to hear 
any birdhouse advice you might offer.




Good Thing #2:
I saw this mural on a wall in Galveston
on my way to meet my writing friends.
Serendipitously, our randomly-selected writing prompt 
that day was kindness.




Good Thing #3:
I see why they say 
"the bluebird of happiness."



How was your week? 
I hope you will share your bookish posts with us
and I welcome comments.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.