Saturday, December 9, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Because of Winn-Dixie; Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Sleigh; Mexikid: A Graphic Memoir; and Stickler Loves the World

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 







I'm tired, everybody. I have been traveling almost every week since September, and I'm tired. I'm tired and I don't think I'm going to do any more traveling this year...Fingers crossed.

I've been reading a few kids' books, and these are all fantastic, some of my favorite reads of the year. A new Pigeon book by Mo Willems...a graphic novel memoir about a trip the author and his family took to Mexico when the author was a kid...a creature who loves his world...and the wonderful Because of Winn-Dixie...

I'm starting my 2024 reading early, as I always do, with a plan to finish the last page of each of ten books on the first day of next year. I've got three nonfiction books going now, but I will be adding some other books soon.



What I Read Last Week:

Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Sleigh by Mo Willems

Stickler Loves the World by Lane Smith

Mexikid: A Graphic Memoir by Pedro Martín




What I'm Reading Now:

How to Know a Person: The Art of Seeing Others Deeply and Being Deeply Seen by David Brooks

Live Your Best Life: 219 Science-Based Reasons to Rethink Your Routine

What if Jesus Was Serious? A Visual Guide to the Teachings of Jesus We Love to Ignore










What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:






Author David Brooks spoke with Action for Happiness host Dr. Mark Williamson about his new book, How to Know a Person, which I am reading now. If you have any interest in making deeper connections with others, I encourage you to listen to this video.








I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

Wyatt and Annie did 
some fancy baking and decorating
last weekend when I stayed with them.




Good Thing #2:

The lights at Santa Land in East Texas.



Good Thing #3:

We finally got our tree up at home.





Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.