Saturday, December 23, 2023

The Sunday Salon: I Finish My Last Two Books of the Year

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 









What I Read Last Week:

I finished my last two books of the year this week, and now I'm working on reading the first books of 2024.






What I'm Reading Now:

How to Know a Person: The Art of Seeing Others Deeply and Being Deeply Seen by David Brooks (Happiness)

Live Your Best Life: 219 Science-Based Reasons to Rethink Your Routine (Happiness)

What if Jesus Was Serious? A Visual Guide to the Teachings of Jesus We Love to Ignore (Spirituality)

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)

If On a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino (Fiction)

A Winter in New York by Josie Silver (Fiction)

The Book of (More) Delights by Ross Gay (Happiness; Essays)

The Penguin Book of Spiritual Verse: 110 Poets on the Divine (Spirituality)

The Complete Stories by Franz Kafka (Classic)

Baking Yesteryear: The Best Recipes from the 1900s to the 1980s by B. Dylan Hollis (Cookbook)

The Road to Roswell by Connie Willis (SciFi)

Above Ground by Clint Smith (Poetry)









What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:





My husband and I decided to celebrate the holidays this year with an A Christmas Carol taste comparison. We watched (1) 1951 A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim, (2) 1938 A Christmas Carol with Reginald Owen, (3) Scrooged with Bill Murray, (4) 1984 A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott, (5) The Muppet Christmas Carol from 1992, (6) 1999 A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart, (7) Flintstones' Christmas Carol, (8) Mickey's Christmas Carol from 1983, (9) BBC/FX's A Christmas Carol from 2019, (10) A Christmas Carol: The Musical with Kelsey Grammer from 2004, (11) Rich Little's Christmas Carol from 1978; (12) Scrooge or Marley's Ghost from 1901, (13) Ebenezer from 1998 with Jack Palance, (14) An All-Dogs Christmas Carol, (15) The Smurfs: A Christmas Carol, (16) Jetsons' Christmas Carol from 1985, (17) Blackadder's A Christmas Carol with Rowan Atkinson in 1988, (18) Dr. Who: A Christmas Carol from 2010, (19) Barbie: A Christmas Carol, (20) Family Ties Christmas Carol episode from 1983, and (21) Star Trek Next Generation Christmas Carol episode from 1983.

So which one did I like best? I will post about the results of our taste test on Wednesday here.









I finished my last book of the year, and that serves to complete the last challenge of the year for me. 




I loved doing all these challenges this year. Here's a link to my challenge page.







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. I found I greatly increased my happiness when I did this. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

My dad with g-kids Annie and Wyatt 
at one of our early holiday get-togethers.



Good Thing #2:

My first Christmas Bird Count!
I saw so many birds I've never seen before.
I will definitely be doing this again.



Good Thing #3:

My last writing class of the year.
I met so many new friends
at my writing class
including Barbara, pictured above.
Something else I will be doing again.




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.