Saturday, December 16, 2023

The Sunday Salon: One Challenge Left to Complete; We Disagree About This Tree; and Hog Wild

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 






We will be celebrating an early Christmas with family this weekend. Fortunately, family is coming to us. I'm glad not to be traveling. Happy day!

I'm at 248 books finished for the year. I imagine I will finish two of the twelve I'm reading just to round things off, and then I'll save the last page on the rest for January 1st.





What I Read Last Week:

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
We Disagree About This Tree by Ross Collins




What I'm Reading Now:

How to Know a Person: The Art of Seeing Others Deeply and Being Deeply Seen by David Brooks (Happiness)

Live Your Best Life: 219 Science-Based Reasons to Rethink Your Routine (Happiness)

What if Jesus Was Serious? A Visual Guide to the Teachings of Jesus We Love to Ignore (Spirituality)

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (Ozathon)

If On a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino (Fiction)

A Winter in New York by Josie Silver (Fiction)

The Book of (More) Delights by Ross Gay (Happiness; Essays)

The Penguin Book of Spiritual Verse: 110 Poets on the Divine (Spirituality)

The Complete Stories by Franz Kafka (Classic)

Baking Yesteryear: The Best Recipes from the 1900s to the 1980s by B. Dylan Hollis (Cookbook)

The Road to Roswell by Connie Willis (SciFi)

Above Ground by Clint Smith (Poetry)








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:

Uff da! Norwegian Fattigmands!
Books On My Winter 2022-2023 To-Read List
The Sunday Salon: Because of Winn-Dixie; Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Sleigh; Mexikid: A Graphic Memoir; and Stickler Loves the World








One challenge with one book left to complete...

Why did it have to be a book with over 600 pages?!

The Complete Stories by Franz Kafka






I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:
200 days of Duolingo!



Good Thing #2:

I enjoyed hearing local author and friend, Glenn Starkey, speak
about the writing process at Rae's Reads this week.




Good Thing #3:

Our Texas Master Naturalist chapter celebrated 
with a Hog Wild party this week.
What was on the menu?
Yes, you guessed it---wild hog. 





Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.