Saturday, December 2, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Back to Big Sandy (With Bubbles)

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 









Usually at this time of year, I am madly racing through stacks and stacks of picture books, reading, reviewing, discussing with other Cybils judges. 

This year I stepped away from the Cybils, and I certainly don't miss the drives to the fifteen libraries around me, in search of the 200-300 books nominated for the awards, and  I don't miss the constant reviewing of the books. 

I do miss seeing the wonderful children's books, so as Nonfiction November and Novellas in November began to wind down, I turned to kids' books to finish out the month and to lead into December...



What I Read Last Week:

Leeva at Last by Sara Pennypacker (middle grade fiction)
Lizard Music by Daniel Pinkwater (middle grade fiction)
The Secret Chicken Society by Judy Cox (early chapter book)
My Strange Shrinking Parents by Zeno Sworder (picture book)
Just Snow Already! by Howard McWilliam (picture book)





What I'm Reading Now:

The Probability of Everything by Sarah Everett (middle grade fiction)
Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo (middle grade fiction)
Penny and Her Marble by Kevin Henkes (early reader)
Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel (early reader)
Frog and Toad All Year by Arnold Lobel (early reader)
Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel (early reader)
Days with Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel (early reader)
Huda F Cares by Huda Fahmy (graphic novel)
Mexikid: A Graphic Memoir by Pedro Martin (graphic novel)
Big by Vashti Harrison (picture book)










What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:






It probably won't surprise you to learn that I'm in Big Sandy again this weekend with the grandkids, Wyatt and Annie. I've brought along Jenga and dominoes and some baking supplies and some crafting supplies and, yes, bubbles. 






I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Here are Good Things from last week:


This is a video my son made of my granddaughter, Annie,
after I went home just before Thanksgiving.

Yes, I know Annie is crying,
but I can't help but love this video.





Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.