Saturday, November 25, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Four Thanksgiving Feasts!

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 







I'm enjoying my fourth Thanksgiving family get-together this weekend in New Ulm, Texas. The first three celebrations featured traditional Thanksgiving foods, but this weekend we will dine on tamales and fajitas. When I get home, I plan to spend the rest of this weekend enjoying the Thankfully Reading Weekend. 






What I Read Last Week:

Ten-Word Tiny Tales to Inspire and Unsettle by Joseph Coelho and 21 Artist Friends

Yes, I realize that this looks sad---just one little picture book read last week.

But hear me out...I read this book as a collection of what I am calling picture book novellas, and this is Novellas in November month. And I was struck by the part of the title that mentions these tiny tales are "to inspire and unsettle." And I agree; they definitely inspire and they definitely unsettle. Might not want to share a couple of these tiny stories with the tiniest of readers, but they were a hit with me.



What I'm Reading Now:

I hope to finish up a couple of nonfiction reads and novella reads before the end of November.

Plays Well with Others: The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Relationships is Wrong by Eric Barker (Nonfiction)

Life Worth Living: A Guide to What Matters Most by Miroslav Volf (Nonfiction)

Western Lane by Chetha Maroo (Novella)

In Concrete by Anne Garréta (Novella)

 



I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:



Good Thing #1:

My husband and my dad play cornhole
at my dad's farm in East Texas.
Fifteen members of my family
 go fishing, play baseball,
swing, drive the tractor, and eat good food.
It is here we enjoy our first Thanksgiving.



Good Thing #2:

The beautiful pines of East Texas alongside 
the rustic cabin where I stay when I visit.
Note the front porch lavatory. 

Plus...


...two of the reasons why I visit East Texas 
and stay in the rustic cabin.
I celebrate my second Thanksgiving here.





Good Thing #3:

I discover an odd obsession with Sasquatch 
at the home of my nephew, Erik.
Ten of us enjoy our third Thanksgiving celebration here.







Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.