Saturday, November 18, 2023

The Sunday Salon: Tearing Up the Roads

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week plus it's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 






I spent last weekend at the Texas Book Festival in Austin with my writing buddies, and I'm in East Texas this weekend to enjoy an early Thanksgiving with family there. I can't seem to stay home much these days...







What I Read Last Week:


The Comfort of Crows: A Backyard Year by Margaret Renkl (Nonfiction)


The Skull by Jon Klassen (Children's Books)

(Links take you to my reviews)






What I'm Reading Now:

Figuring by Maria Popova (Nonfiction)

Plays Well with Others: The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Relationships is Wrong by Eric Barker (Nonfiction)

Western Lane by Chetha Maroo (Novella)

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf (Nonfiction)








What I Posted Last Week Here at Readerbuzz:










We are celebrating an early Thanksgiving in East Texas with my extended family this weekend. 

Here's the menu: Fried turkey, roasted turkey, dressing, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, rolls, fruit salad, ham, pie, cookies, pumpkin bread, and cranberry sauce.







I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. 

Here are 3 Good Things from last week:




Good Thing #1:
My writing friends and I 
had a Writing Weekend in Austin
last week. We visited the Capitol
and went to the Texas Book Festival and wrote.




Good Thing #2:
My friends and I spent a lot of time 
last weekend at the best bookstore in the world,
BookPeople in Austin.




Good Thing #3:
Zadie Smith at Inprint in Houston.
I plan to write more about her visit soon.






Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.