Monday, November 6, 2023

Novellas in November: What is a Novella?

  



Week 2 (starts Monday 6 November): What Is a Novella?

  • Ponder the definition, list favorites, or choose ones you think best capture the ‘spirit’ of a novella.


The Oxford English Dictionary defines "novella" as "Originally: a short fictitious narrative. Now (usually): a short novel, a long short story."

I agree. A short novel. A long short story. 

You can't really argue with the Oxford English Dictionary, can you?

However, for the sake of this event, I will include short nonfiction, too, if it reads like a fiction story. I'm only stretching the definition because everyone who participates in this event does so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.