Monday, November 27, 2023

Novellas in November: New to My TBR

 For the fourth year in a row, Rebecca of Bookish Beck and Cathy of 746 Books are celebrating the art of the short* book by co-hosting Novellas in November as a month-long challenge.

This year we have five prompts, adapted from ones commonly used for Nonfiction November. (*A reminder that we suggest 200 pages as the upper limit for a novella.)

Here’s the schedule:


Week 5 (starts Monday 27 November): New to My TBR

  • In the last few days, talk about the novellas you’ve added to your TBR since the month began.

Here are the books I added to my TBR this month. 
Thank you for your contributions to this list.

Walk the Blue Fields by Claire Keegan (184 pages; short stories)

Happening by Annie Ernaux (96 pages)

Sundays in August by Patrick Modiano (168 pages)

The House on the Hill by Cesare Pavese (176 pages)

The Drowned and the Saved by Primo Levi (208 pages; memoir)

Passing by Nella Larson (176 pages)

So Late in the Day by Claire Keegan (128 pages)

La Vie: A Year in Rural France by John Lewis-Stemple (195 pages)

My Neglected Gods by Joanna Nelson (130 pages)

Glaciers by Alexis M. Smith (126 pages)

Train Dreams by Denis Johnson (125 pages)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.