Saturday, November 11, 2023

The Sunday Salon: At the 55% Mark for My Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very-Bad Novel

 

Welcome! I'm happy you joined us here at the Sunday Salon. What is the Sunday Salon? The Sunday Salon is a place to link up and share what we have been doing during the week. It's a great way to visit other blogs and join in the conversations going on there. 












What I Read Last Week:

The Death of Ivan Ilych by Leo Tolstoy (Novella)

The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes (Novella)


The Best Book I Read Last Week:

Both of these novellas were amazing reads. Reading The Sense of an Ending right after I finished The Death of Ivan Ilych was a perfect pairing of books with similar themes. Both books deal with death and the meaning one takes from life and the consequences of living a narrow self-involved existence. 




What I'm Reading Now:

Shimmering Images: A Handy Little Guide to Writing Memoir by Lisa Dale Norton (Nonfiction)

The Comfort of Crows: A Backyard Year by Margaret Renkl (Nonfiction)

Banned Books: The World's Most Controversial Books, Past and Present (Nonfiction)








One book to go
in order to complete all my 2023 Challenges!






I began to list 3 Good Things every day during the pandemic. Now I've established a regular routine of writing down my 3 Good Things. Here are 3 Good Things from last week:


Good Thing #1:

Our friends took us out to eat at Gaido's in Galveston
for my birthday. 
Shrimp Peques. A Voodoo Signature Cocktail. 
Pecan Crunch with Hey Mikey's Vanilla Ice Cream.
And amazing company




Good Thing #2:

I'm in Austin this weekend 
for the Texas Book Festival!



Good Thing #3:

This leaf 
in the backyard...




Weekend linkup spots are listed below. Click on the picture to visit the site.

        

I hope you will join the linkup for Sunday Salon below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.