Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Non-Book Book-ish Wishlist



I already have a lot of wonderful book-ish things:

My amazing niece, Bekah, made me a book-ish cake:



I have a book-ish dress, thanks to Jana from school. Here's a photo of a woman at the Texas Book Festival wearing the same book-ish dress. Imagine that.




My sweet friend Karen found me this Celebrity Librarian Nancy Pearl play set:


And my husband made me this Little Library for my house:



But there are oh-so-many book-ish things I dream of one day having...


What about Bookopoly? I know I would love Bookopoly. 




I've been longing to have a Librarian Lego figure. I put it on my Christmas list.

Imagine my house with this book-ish fountain out front:


What if we made bookshelves on all the walls inside my house? I'd certainly have a lot more room for my TBR.


There are many, many book-ish things for my home that I have yet to acquire:



I could use this tree reading nook from DecoPeques:

And what about outdoor reading areas? My husband needs to get busy and put this in, don't you think?



How about a Book Car? I'd love to drive around town in this.



What do you think? Are any of these on your Book-ish Wishlist? Or are you secretly thinking, A little over-the-top, Ms. Readerbuzz? 




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

20 comments:

  1. Very cute & neat book things! Can I drop a copy of "A Wrinklr in Time" to your little library? It is like new & it isn't getting appreciated in my house (not my kids kind of book).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that cute little library in front...Your husband did a great job! Now for something to read in in the back....
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have a copy of Wrinkle in Time in my Little Library. Hope you will find something there you can take and read, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I really need a nice reading area in the back, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I LOVE YOUR LIST!
    This is AMAZING! I want sooooo many of these things right now! Love your little library especially, really cute. This is a great top ten list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this list! My favorites were Bookopoly and the bookish fountain!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who couldn't use a few more bookish things?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love your list. I'd definitely want a wall of TBR books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want that wall of shelves in my house so bad. One I'm gonna get that I just need a friend who is a carpenter. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that blanket, I want one! And that cake looks awesome, hope it was good ;) Thanks for stopping by my post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm itching for that outdoor reading area. Now how do I inspire my husband to begin work?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I WANT ALL OF THESE! The outside reading area is amazing, if only it didn't rain all the time here! I want them all, especially that reading tree nook! Great list!

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, so many amazing bookish things! I especially love that Bookopoly game and really want to play it now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that cake is AWESOME!!! So cute!

    I want Bookopoly, too. So bad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute little library out front. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want the booish fountain and wall..lol. Those are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This list is awesome! I love the blanket. I've seen scarves like that I am have definitely lusted over them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all cute. In Belgium they used books as part of the decoration on the wall. They were piled up with the binding showing and built into the wall.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.